General

1. Create an ability to add a general note for a program, rather than an exercise specific note.

Create an ability to add a general note for a program, rather than an exercise specific note.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Speech - Oral Motor Exercises

I don't see anything applicable to Speech. Not even the TMJ exercises are of assistance, as I missing something? Any SLP pertainent plans, upcomming? Tricia Honn, SLP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Tricia,

Thank you for submitting your question. Currently we do not have any Oral Motor Exercises on the Homestretch site. With that said, I’ve added it to the list of Cleveland Clinic requested exercises for our next video shoot. So we can be sure to create what you need will you tell me the Oral Motor Exercises that you frequently use or would like us to add.

Thanks again for your submission

3. Add proper technique for sit to stand transfer from a chair with arms

The current video for sit to stand is without armrests. would like one with armrests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Terminal Knee extension

Please demonstrate with a larger bolster rather than a small rolled towel under the knee, cue the patient to keep the back of their thigh on the bolster, rather than cuing them to avoid kicking their leg. This is wording is mis-leading and our patients are always encouraged to perform with something much larger than a towel under their knee when performing at home, ie. a coffee can with a towel around it, a 2 Liter of pop with a towel or two wrapped around it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Holly,

I wanted to let you know that we’ve received this request to revise this exercise video. Our team will review it again and consider making the changes you requested.

Thank you for the submission

5. change ankle pumps video

We do not normally use multiple pillows when performng this exercise.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Plyometric suggestions

1. Add single leg hop in place
    2. Add view/screen shot from more than one angle on video and/or print out. Example: front and side view
    3. The "wrong" shot in the videos are a very good idea, but should include medial collapse/valgus and hip drop components not just a person losing their balance because the mechanics are one of the primary focuses of patient education.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Katie, thank you for submitting the request. I’ve added it to our list of requested Cleveland Clinic videos for our next video shoot.

In the mean time I wanted to let you know that there are several hop / jump exercises currently in the Homestretch library.

7. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Potential to include more advanced functional mobility

Could we include transfers requiring additional education and instruction, such as sliding board transfers, car transfers, hoyer lift transfers, etc...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting your request. We’ve added it to the Cleveland Clinic list of requested exercises for our next video shoot.

We do have some functional mobility exercises in the library such as car transfer and other ADL exercises that can be found using the filter search on the create programs page.

9. lymphedema MLD and/or exercises

asking for lympheema as an exercise or MLD sequence

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the following exercises:

Hooklying Hip Adduction with a ball, Seated hamstring stretch (foot on floor and the back is straight), Mini squats (~45 degree angle at hip), gs step stretch.
    If these exist please advise.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Jessica,

Thanks for submitting the requested exercises. Even though it’s not exactly what you’re looking for, I wanted to let you know that we do have “Pillow Squeeze” for the Hooklying Hip Adduction and we have “seated hamstring stretch (single)” , we also have GS stretch on step in the Homestretch library it’s called “Plantar Fascia Stretch”. Unfortunately, we do not have Mini-squats but as I said the other day we’ll add it to the list for the next video shoot.

Thanks again for using Homestretch

11. SLR vs SLR supine

I'd like to see the SLR supine with the opposite LE flexed like in the regular SLR. For our use at Euclid i like the wording of the supine SLR video, but again with the opposite LE flexed rather than extended. This is also one of the exercises i would like to see performed on a bed rather than the floor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. patients after Total Knee

are encouraged to perform most exercises to a good stretch or as far as possible vs. until they feel pain (they have pain with most of their HEP). Can you remove this line from exercises? Also for supine Heelslides the video and wording encourages them to "bend to 90 degrees," where we would encourage them to come up much farther than that, "as far as you can."
    Also for Hip Abd with knee straight the wording says "out as far as comfortable" again, this wording isn't really appropriate for this population.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. more standing ther ex suggestions

There are a few videos for squats, however they show full squats. Could you make a video for Mini Squats with B UE support (on a table or kitchen counter)? There is also no video I found for standing toe raises or PF, again with UE support of a table or counter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. need a supine Glut Set video

There are 2 glut set videos, one says prone in the title, in the other video it shows the patient prone, however states for patient to lie on their back. Could you make a Supine Glut set video with correct cues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Seated ther ex

I was looking for a seated glut set, seated hip abduction, seated hip flexion (Marching in place), and seated heel slides. I don't see any videos for those exercises. Also, Seated knee extension is the only exercise that appears in the seated position category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Assisted exercises

Could you show an Assisted heel slide and Assisted hip abduction in supine (on a bed) using a sheet?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. bolder font for "Notes from your therapist"

It's a nice touch to have the notes show with the shaded background, but could you bold the font of the actually notes to draw patients attention to it? If I'm taking the time to write something special, I want to be sure they see it and pay attention- It may be crutial to their individual performance!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. standing ther ex

Most the exercises show either no UE support or 1 UE support of a chair(and then suggest that patients not lose their balance). Could you demonstrate safe use of a kitchen counter or atleast a dining room table for the standing exercises? Especially the following exercises: Heel raises, Standing hip flexion, Active hip flexion, standing knee flexion, standing SLR, standing hip ext, and standing hip abd.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. supine ther ex on a bed

We typically suggest patients perform their HEP on a bed. Could you demo the following exercises on a bed please. Ankle Pumps, Quad sets, Glut sets, Terminal Knee Ext, Heel slides, Hip Abd/Add knee straight, and straight leg raise supine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)